Thursday, January 02, 2014

Silly Me!

On December 15th, one of my students posted a challenge on the Facebook page starting a challenge of doing 100 sketches over the Christmas Break. Didn't sound like it was illegal, immoral, or fattening so I thought, what the heck, why not give it a try. THEN, then that "little voice" part of my brain said, "If 100 is good, 200 is better". Now, this normally would not be a problem if I could keep my mouth shut or my fingers from typing about the passing thought. Unfortunately, that little voice is sometimes a "special kind of stupid" and I do like a challenge so I posted publicly that I would do 200. D'oh!

Tonight I start posting the sketches I have done since December 15th. I was a bit lenient on myself. I figured that if I spent 15 minutes or the image was recognizable then the sketch would count. I broke up multiple sketches on single pages into individual images.

Truth be known, I am probably not going to get to 200. Too many naps in the afternoon. I will continue to see how many I can actually get done by the beginning of the semester on January 6th.

I am going to post the sketches in groups of 20 so the math is easy for me to do.




















6 comments:

Eva Andersen said...

Frightening, but whimsical. How do you do it???!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love them!... looks like you're having a great time!

don perkins said...

great.... there goes my productivity for the foreseeable future... These are amazingly fun to look at, and now i have to do my own... thanks Don...
(i can't wait to see the rest!)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind comments. Eva, it is drugs and stress. :)Anonymous, I would be lying if I said it was like work....but it is kinda like work since occasionally I get paid to do this sort of think. :)Don, Sorry about the productivity. To get as many done as I am trying...I carry a pencil and clipboard full of paper and any down time (read faculty meetings, etc) I doodle. I am just posting more of the ugly ones since I am trying to hit 200.

Robert Wahl said...

Anonymous is me Don... Robt Wahl, couldn't figure out what to post as... LOL, I should do something like this! (gonna try a different idenity)

Robert...

Anonymous said...

I've always loved your sketchbook stuff. It's so amazing. - Molly Williams Keller